Elizabeth Riddle is a nonprofit corporate lawyer, with a robust background in employment law.
When she advises on employment matters, Elizabeth emphasizes a strong focus on legal compliance, while being highly attentive to the human relationships involved. In doing so, she tries to help nonprofit corporations, university foundations and technology companies enjoy a more productive and mission-focused workforce. Elizabeth advises clients on handling matters involving potential or actual discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims; discipline and termination; employment contracts; non-competition covenants; wage and hour issues and other day-to-day employment matters. She advises General Counsel, Human Resource Directors, and other upper-level managers on implementation of federal, state, and local statutory and regulatory requirements. Elizabeth has also developed numerous employment policies and procedures on a variety of employment-related topics, and drafts/ negotiates all manner of employment-related contracts.
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law
- B.A., Furman University (cum laude)
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Contributing Author, Labor and Employment Law for South Carolina Lawyers
- Contributing Author, South Carolina Business Law Handbook: A Practical Guide for Business Owners, Entrepreneurs and Their Counsel